Re: Yangdoctors last call review of draft-ietf-netconf-keystore-02

Hi Juergen,

> I looked a bit more and you define
>
>  identity key-algorithm {
>    description
>      "Base identity from which all key-algorithms are derived.";
>  }
>
> plus a bunch of concrete algorithms. draft-ietf-rtgwg-yang-key-chain-24
> defines
>
>    identity crypto-algorithm {
>       description
>         "Base identity of cryptographic algorithm options.";
>     }
>
> and then a bunch of concrete algorithms (hashes and symmetric ones).
> They also do not expect IANA to maintain things. I would love if
> security area people would help us with getting this right, well
> perhaps they jump in during secdir review.

FWIW, the two sets of algorithm identities are disjoint.  The ones in
the keystore draft are all public-key algorithms.  As for the key-chain
draft, all but one of the identities are hmac algorithms, with the last
one being for a key derivation function.

It would be best to address this in the WG, for visibility.  I think
that it's possible to request an early secdir review, or maybe we can
ask about just this concern.  This is a chair-action.

Kent