Re: Genart telechat review of draft-turner-est-extensions-08

> On Jul 11, 2017, at 00:15, Vijay Gurbani <vijay.gurbani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Reviewer: Vijay Gurbani
> Review result: Ready with Nits

> by the IESG for the IETF Chair. Please wait for direction from your
> document shepherd or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

> <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.
>
> Document: draft-turner-est-extensions-??
> Reviewer: Vijay Gurbani
> Review Date: 2017-07-10
> IETF LC End Date: 2017-07-11
> IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

> Major issues: 0
>
> Minor issues: 1
>
> Nits/editorial comments: 2
>
> Minor:
> - S2, I understand that a PAL may be represented as a XML file or a JSON
> object, but I note that the underlying semantic content of the resource,
> irrespective of representation as shown in Sections 2.1.2 and 2.1.3 is
> different.  I suspect that is by design, but could not figure out why the
> XML and JSON resource would have different semantic content.

s2.1.2 is XML schema.  There’s no schema in JSON so that’s why there a little different.

> Nits:
> - S1, top of page 5: What is TA?  The expansion is not defined before being
> used here for the first time; I suspect it is "Trust Anchor", but may help
> to expand it here rather than in S7.

TA = Trust Anchor - it’s expanded on p4 in the /crls bullet. ;)

> - S1.1, "air gap" --- I understand what it means from rfc4949, but someone
> not familiar (or too lazy to look up rfc4949 or simply much too younger than
> us) may assume that "air gap" refers to "wifi".  Admittedly in 2007 when
> rfc4949 was written, 802.11{g,e,n} were just released [1], and only three
> years before, in 2004, Economist predicted that the worldwide market for WiFi
> devices in 2006 will be 50 million (!) [2].
>
> I don't know that we can do much here, but it was with some chuckle that
> the term "air gap" lead me to the statistics I mention above.

Yeah I wondered whether people would know what that was, but I could put in an reference reference to 4949 to make sure people know what I mean.

spt