De: ietf <ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx> en nombre de Randy Bush <randy@xxxxxxx>
Responder a: <randy@xxxxxxx>
Fecha: miércoles, 12 de julio de 2017, 2:34
Para: IETF Rinse Repeat <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
Asunto: meeting ietf-legacy ssid

    the noc sees a quite large number of associations to the unencrypted
    ietf-legacy ssid as opposed to say the encrypted ietf ssid

    some of us are wondering if those using ietf-legacy

      o do not realize it is completely unencrypted over the air, or

      o don't care as their threat model sees runnin' nekkid over the air as
        not a significant additional weakness, or

      o believe that they are using sufficient encryption at higher layers
        to meet their needs, or

      o other

    these days, some meetings do not provide unencrypted wifi at all and
    seem not to get complaints.  maybe their attendees are just geekier
    and/or more security conscious.

    clue bat, please.  unicast responses accepted too.

    randy

IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.consulintel.es