Re: Internet Draft block on post-IETF LC IDs

On 05/07/2017 02:56, John C Klensin wrote:
> So, with or without the posting deadline, I would prefer that
> there be explicit AD signoff on _any_ I-D revision during or
> after IETF Last Call.  Such permission means that the AD has
> reviewed the document and found that the changes are
> insufficiently important to justify reopening the Last Call (or
> a heads-up to reopen the Last Call if needed).

I don't think that quite works. When trying to understand and clear
DISCUSS ballots, I would much rather that changes are unambiguously
displayed for everybody to see, rather than being buried in quite
complex email threads (or in non-standard places such as GitHub).

Of course you are 100% correct that substantive changes need to pass
the rough consensus test, at least on the WG list and possibly at Last
Call level, under the AD's responsibility. But I don't think that
making it harder to post updates after Last Call is a feature.

Regards
   Brian