Re: remember incentives! Re: wireless geolocation

had a convo with a very large and well known cdn provider who uses ip
address based geoloc.  they actually go to the noc web site to check if
our address ranges have changed, where our next meeting will be, and set
their database accordingly.

i would like to make their life easier.  i do not think on the wire
protocol is needed; i suspect it can be done with some sort of pre-
registered authorization and a signed well known data format.  ip
address and mac seem to be the two mobile meeting identifiers.  but
i am probably a bit premature to be in the solution space.

the following did have a certain ring to it.  welcome to the ietf.

    "Here is a problem: ... "

    "No its not and even if it was, its not a bug, its a feature and
    besides you can turn it off in the settings and also we covered it
    in 5 different working groups over the course of the last decade
    and also email is broken and I like the way it worked in DOS."

of course i have never been guilty of such :)

randy