BOF proposals due June 2

I wanted to remind everyone that the deadline for submitting proposals for "Birds of a Feather” (BOF) sessions at IETF 99 is in one week: June 2 at 23:59 . Instructions for submitting your proposal are available at https://ietf.org/iesg/bof-procedures.html. Please also read https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5434, Considerations for Having a Successful Birds-of-a-Feather Session, if you are not familiar with it.

We have a number of ways of bringing new work into the IETF and BOFs are just one of them, so please talk to an area director (https://ietf.org/iesg/members.html) about your idea if you’re thinking about proposing a BOF.

As the IESG recently noted (https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/pf3iqgJIHsC0f984mBC1VE4-mBs), we will be experimenting at IETF 99 with a side meeting room available with first-come first-served advance online sign-up, rather than using area director approval for allocation of rooms for side meetings. If you were already thinking about asking for AD approval for a side meeting room, please get in touch with an area director to discuss the FCFS room, a non-WG-forming BOF proposal, or other options.

Alissa Cooper
IETF Chair