Re: Registration for remote participation

Spencer Dawkins at IETF <spencerdawkins.ietf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > I didn't see any response to Eliot's suggestion to use datatracker
    > credentials for registration, so that (1) we have links to information
    > that has been previously provided, and (2) we'd have roughly the same
    > level of verification that we have for anyone who's using the
    > datatracker now.

I think that all current DT authentication occurs by database dips (mysql,
port 3306).   To do this nicely, it would have to be OAUTH2, which we do not
have.

    > What are the downsides? I guess Meetecho would need to handle IETF
    > differently from other customers (who, regrettably, don't use
    > datatracker)? Are there others?

If we provided OAUTH2, then there likely would be a much better match.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-