Re: Registration for remote participation

John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
    > --On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 14:04 -0400 Michael Richardson
    > <mcr+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    >> Are we validating the email address in some way?
    >> If we are not, I don't see the point of the *-required in any
    >> of those places.

    > Michael (and others),

    > I'm happy to let the IESG manage this rather than getting into
    > an orgy of nit-picking and micro-managing, but I think there are
    > at least two separate reasons for wanting remote participants to
    > register and that, which the desired information may overlap,

I'm not arguing against registration, but rather, I want to consciously
say that we are validating the registration!
I'd be quite happy to register via the datatracker, for instance.  A great
use for OAUTH2.

I agree with all your other points.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works