Re: Registration for remote participation

Hi,
Two IPR-motivated things inline:

On 5/10/17, 11:04, "ietf on behalf of Michael Richardson" <ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx on behalf of mcr+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>IETF Chair <chair@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>    > Title
>    > First / Given Name*
>    > Last / Family Name*
>    > Company / Organization
>    > ISO 3166 Country of Residence*
>    > Email*
>    > Gender
>    > Have you attended an IETF meeting in person before?
>    > Have you attended an IETF meeting remotely before?
>
>    > Upon registering, participants would be issued a registration ID, just
>    > as they are today.
>
>Are we validating the email address in some way?
>If we are not, I don't see the point of the *-required in any of those places.

I’m in favor of validating the address, for example by sending some form of credential to it; without the credential, only listening/reading access is granted.  Doesn’t have to be bullet-proof, but using example@xxxxxxxxxxx shouldn’t work.  This is obviously in order to obtain one semi-traceable record of the participant.

>    > Remote participation registration data would be stored and secured by
>    > AMS and MeetEcho just as it is currently today. As is the case now, no
>    > registration or login would be required to access MeetEcho recordings,
>    > audio recordings, YouTube videos, or jabber rooms. And no changes are
>    > being proposed as to the handling of virtual blue sheets.
>
>I suggest:
>  1) Add me to the attendeeXX list.
>
>  2) I think we have another list which is more announce and less discuss,
>     but I can't recall it, they should be added to it as well.
>
>  3) It would be nice if they they could be asked at registration time which
>     WG they will attend (no commitment!), and if this information could be
>     relayed to WG chairs.
>
>  4) ask them if we can collect anonymized performance data and
>     site/path/latency/jitter information.

And 5) click-through of the Note Well (unless that’s done in some other phase of the remote participation, like when signing-in to meetecho).  Again for--I hope obvious--IPR related reasons.

Stephan

[...]