Re: Registration for remote participation

On 5/9/2017 6:06 PM, Yoav Nir wrote:
>> To join a session, participants would be asked to input the registration ID. The same email-based facility that is currently available to retrieve a forgotten registration ID would continue to be available. The cookie-based “Remember me” option would also still be available. The only difference from how login works today is that the option to "Join without registration ID" would be removed.
> Does this mean that unregistered people would not be able to listen/view?  I’m fine with cutting off *participation*, but even before Meetecho we’ve had a live (audio) stream from the room. I wouldn’t want to lose that.
+1 - I think continuing to provide unregistered live streaming is
important.  I am sensitive that there is a real cost to this,
particularly if usage increases. Perhaps we can shift this to a youtube
live stream to handle the fanout.

> Recordings are good, but by the time you listen to a recording, the conversation may have moved on.
>
>> If they are primarily folks in the hotel, who can't be in two rooms at once, we have one set of issues;
I also hope we don't loose the live audio only stream -- I regularly use
this while at the meeting to deal with the 2/3 room at once problem.  Of
course, if no one else uses it -- I loose...

Lou
(no hats)