Re: [Idr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-idr-shutdown-08.txt> (BGP Administrative Shutdown Communication) to Proposed Standard

Hi, Folks:

Just spotted this (apologies for not catching it earlier):

The draft specifies only 0 - 128 as valid in the one-octet length field.
Not sure if there is a strong reason for such an apparent over-specification.

It seems to me that the spec can and should be simplified by removing the
restriction, that is, to allow any value (0 - 255) to be valid.  That would
also eliminate one error condition for the implementation.

Thanks.  -- Enke

---
2.  Shutdown Communication

Length:  this 8-bit field represents the length of the Shutdown
      Communication field in octets.  The length value MUST range from 0
      to 128 inclusive.

4.  Error Handling

   If a Shutdown Communication with an invalid Length value,
----