Re: [GROW] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-grow-large-communities-usage-06

>> you're supposed to guess
>>
>> the normal hack here is
>>
>>    this document introduces no new security issues beyond those discussed
>>    in 1997
>
> Guessing is horrible, but if that is what you do, that is what you do,
> and if the risks are the accepted norm in the BGP community I am fine.

i meant that, instead of being specific, you left it to the authors to
guess what you wanted.

> Is corruption (deliberate or otherwise) of the community strings
> something that BGPsec will address?

no.  bgpsec does not sign over communities.  this is because hops may
validly remove them, thus invalidating signatures.

randy