RE: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-isis-auto-conf-04

Robert -

Thanx for the review.
Reply inline.

[Les:] The draft says two things which are relevant:

3.5.1.  Authentication TLV

   It is RECOMMENDED that IS-IS routers supporting this specification
   offer an option to explicitly configure a single password for HMAC-
   MD5 authentication as specified in[RFC5304].

4.  Security Considerations

   In general, the use of authentication is incompatible with auto-
   configuration as it requires some manual configuration.

It seems to me that these sections adequately cover your point.
???

    Les