Re: IAOC requesting input on (potential) meeting cities

>That's not comparable.  We know what the policy is concerning
>Americans working in Canada, and that how you describe "meeting"
>can affect whether or not it's considered to be work. ...

But it's not consistent.  In nearly every case when I show up at the
Canadian border, show my NEXUS card and tell them I'm going to a
meeting, they wave me through.  One time when I got bored of the usual
route, I entered Canada via ferry on a rural island in the St
Lawrence, and it rapidly became obvious that I was the high point of
their week, as they wasted the better part of an hour searching my
car, getting all suspicious about the papers I had for a presentation
at the meeting, and even calling headquarters to see if I needed a
visa.

I agree that Canada is a fairly easy country to get in and out of
(unless you have a DUI arrest) but it varies a lot so anecdotes about
entering Canada or any other country don't tell you much.

R's,
John