Re: IETF subpoena processes update and a request

On 25/03/2017 08:39, John Levine wrote:
> Nearly all of the subpoenas that the IETF gets are stupendously boring
> and routine, and I think this would be a poor addition to the IESG's
> crowded schedule.

+1. This would be a pointless and annoying addition to the IESG's already
high workload. I am quite certain that IASA will bring them in if a
case arises that they need to be involved in. But indeed, ISOC was
partly created, and IASA was 100% created, to save the IETF leadership
from as much legal, financial and admin stuff as possible.

Setting subpoena policy is a fine topic for community discussion. Beyond
that, the engineers of the IETF should not be involved unless absolutely
unavoidable.

   Brian