Re: Review of draft-ietf-rtcweb-overview-18

Den 17. mars 2017 19:18, skrev Jon Mitchell:
> Reviewer: Jon Mitchell
> Review result: Ready
>
> I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate's
>
> ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the
> IESG.  These
> comments were written with the intent of improving the operational
> aspects of the
> IETF drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call may be
> included in AD reviews
> during the IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat
> these comments
> just like any other last call comments.
>
> This document is an overall of the WebRTC protocols that are
> considered a "minimum" set to claim compliance with the standard the
> draft sets forth.  As far as I can tell, no new protocols or
> implementation details are contained in the draft and operational
> concerns largely are covered (or not) by the many referenced protocol
> specifications within it.  Therefore, I believe this draft is Ready,
> although there is some question in my mind of whether this is actually
> a standards track versus best current practice document as
> interoperability from the standpoint of this document seems to not
> require any new on the wire negotiation (outside of each individual's
> protocols negotiations).

Thanks for the review!

At one point I wondered if the correct designation for this document was
the rarely-used "Applicability Statement". The WG decided to not do
process experiments with this one, but did want it on the standards
track - ie "informational" was not appropriate.

AS documents are standards-track documents.