Re: yet more DMARC stuff, was Re: Mailing list membership.

>If your work around is to use ip4 to send to us, that's fine.  The
>percentage of spam mail on ip6 is higher than on ip4.  Our own outgoing
>code makes choices on whether to use ip6 or ip4 based on expected
>authentication level, and it is ugly.  I don't like ugly, but I don't like
>spam either.

At the moment, my setup is identical for IPv4 and IPv6, with of course a
preference for IPv6.

If gmail would first return a 4xy then I would never notice, because
my mail server would retry over IPv4.

Unfortunately, every now and then gmail returns a 5xy for no reason on
my side. Then I resend the same e-mail from my MUA and it gets accepted.

I don't know why gmail seems to turn transient errors into permanent failures
at the SMTP level. As far as I can tell, that is unique to gmail.