Re: RANT: posting IDs more often -- more is better -- why are we so shy?

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 11:04 AM, Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For the third time in two days I find myself, when asking others for opinions
about some text, pointing at github commit logs.  With the beautiful
makefiles we often have, one can't even depend upon having a formatted .txt
version there!

You can fix this with better tooling within github and travis integration fwiw. Checkout the httpbis github https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions - you'll see the for each adopted draft the README.md has links to the "editor's draft" in both txt and html as well as the working group draft. The former is auto-generated on every push to the repo, the latter is a pointer to datatracker.

I'm not arguing against updating data tracker more often - just saying this 'editor's draft' convention can work very well between official revisions no matter the cadence a WG chooses.