Re: To "lose the argument in the WG"

On Feb 14, 2017, at 6:01 PM, Pete Resnick <presnick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
To Ted's point, indulging folk who 'did not have time' to participate earlier is frankly abusive of all those who did.

Yeah, I don't find Ted's point at all convincing either. On the other hand, if the WG didn't seek out required expertise and someone does notice a showstopper, that's not abusive. The WG screwed up.

Wow.   You must have a lot more free time than I do, Pete.   My experience is that there are lots of things that get worked on in working groups that I don't even have time to be aware of, and 99% of the time the fact that I wasn't aware of them is not a problem at all.   But 1% of the time it is, and last call is (hopefully) where I become aware of that and say something.   Are you really calling this abusive?