Re: To "lose the argument in the WG"

On Feb 13, 2017, at 11:50 PM, Pete Resnick <presnick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think it's only fair that the person bringing up the issue clearly states what's going on. For instance, in the second case the person should really have said, "This was judged out-of-scope by the WG/chair, but I think it ought not be out-of-scope because of X, Y, and Z". Simply saying, "Please make this change to the document" as if it were never discussed before is not helpful to the rest of the list during Last Call.

Since I was one of the people who made that point, I should say that "the chair made a mistake" is a different statement than "the working group decided, and I was part of that conversation, and I don't agree, so let's discuss it again."