Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-6man-rfc4291bis-07.txt> (IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture) to Internet Standard

> On Feb 13, 2017, at 2:53 PM, Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> However, the Interface ID of unicast addresses used for
> Stateless Address Autoconfiguration [RFC4862] is required
> to be 64 bits long.

To my understanding, that is exactly the case with SLAAC. One could use the algorithm with any number one chose, but the chosen number is 64. Restricting the limitation to algorithms that require such a limitation makes sense to me. Extending it from there to algorithms that have no such limitation doesn't.