Fwd: Re: [Jmap] WG Review: JSON Mail Access Protocol (jmap) - reducing configuration complexity

> Trying to setup a new device for use with open protocols is a complete
> nightmare - you end up needing to configure 2 things for mail (IMAP
> and SMTP)

and now, because we will have to be backward compatible, it will be
three. so that third had best be a really massive win. and i am not
seeing it. what i am seeing is second system syndrome in a wrapper of
whatever today's wrapping fashion is.

randy

Why?  You will either be using IMAP/SMTP to access your mail/submit your messages or you will be using JMAP.  If you have the option of the latter, you’ve just halved the number of things that need configuring.

Regards,
Gren Elliot
(forgot to include the mailing lists in reply to Randy earlier)