Re: Last Call: <draft-bradner-rfc3979bis-10.txt> (Intellectual Property Rights in IETF Technology) to Best Current Practice

Jari:

> * Russ Housley’s concern re: “IETF sanctioned” was resolved
>  per Brian’s and Harald's suggestions (Brian's mail on March 26).

I do not think that the change here is sufficient based on my reading of the thread that followed my comments.  I think my comment is addressed, but not all of the points that are made in that thread.  In particular, the output of the design team is the contribution, not every alternative that is discarded before being written down or presented.  Also, the reference to BCP 25 seems to scope this the design teams in working groups, not all design teams.

> * Russ Housley’s concern re: changes from the previous RFC
>  section is valid (Russ’s mail on March 25), and we will be acting
>  on that as explained above.

I look forward to seeing this text.  Since it does not exist yet, I think the IETF Last Call should be extended for two weeks beyond the availability of this text.

Russ