Re: multihoming, was IPv10

On 01/01/2017 01:22, Stewart Bryant wrote:

> On 31/12/2016 07:54, Octavio Alvarez wrote:
>> Is source routing bad in general or is it bad only in multihoming scenarios?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> When called segment routing it is accepted as a useful technology for
> well defined problems of this type.

Please be careful with terminology, though. In the multihoming context, we aren't
talking about source routes set by the host. We're talking about source-address
based routing implemented by the routers; there is no source route in the packet.
That's why it's usually abbreviated as SADR.

In segment routing, there is a source route in the packet. Different animal.

     Brian