Re: multihoming, was IPv10

On 30/12/2016 16:42, Michel Py wrote:
> Brian,
>
>> Brian E Carpenter wrote :
>> Which is exactly why we have to make multi-prefix multihoming work out of the box. Which is why we
>> have RFC 7157 and RFC 8028 and draft-ietf-rtgwg-dst-src-routing, and we're not done yet.
>
> We have missed the delivery date by 14 years.

Well, there never was an exact delivery date, once NAT44 arrived to quell
the demand for IPv4 addresses. But the reason this is late is that it is
(IMNSHO) the hardest problem in datagram networking with free-market competition
between providers. And has been since 1974 when Louis Pouzin first mentioned it.

   Brian