Re: DMARC methods in mailman --- [LEDE-DEV] DMARC related mass bounces / disabled subscriptions (fwd) Jo-Philipp Wich: [LEDE-DEV] DMARC related mass bounces / disabled subscriptions

--On Monday, 19 December, 2016 08:20 +1300 Brian E Carpenter
<brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 18/12/2016 23:15, S Moonesamy wrote:
>> Yes.  We might end up having to consider whether to attribute
>> semantics to the <display-name> as a way to solve the
>> problem.  Let's  assume that 20% of IETF mailing list
>> subscribers use a "p=reject"  domain name in the "From:"
>> field and that they are no longer allowed  to post messages
>> to the mailing list because of the policy advertised  by that
>> sending domain.  What should the mailing list moderator do in
>> response to complaints from those subscribers?
>
> Send them a canned message stating that the only solution
> available to them is changing to a different From address that
> does not have this issue. What else can they do?

Note that this is very similar to one of the options for an
SMTPUTF8-capable IMAP or POP server to take when the client does
not present itself as able to accept should messages, i.e.,
"there is a message you could receive (with SMTPUTF8 POP/IMAP)
or send (with a different mail provider) if you were running in
a different environment, but, with your current environment, you
lose."

   john