Re: Please welcome the facilitators at ietf@xxxxxxxx

> On 10/11/2016 08:24, Melinda Shore wrote:
>> The experiment appears to have had minimal impact.  It's perhaps
>> most helpful to consider the role of the facilitators during the
>> lengthy and occasionally acrimonious Singapore discussion, where
>> facilitation was unhelpful.
> Which I don't think is intended as criticism of the facilitators, but
> rather of ... human nature?

Yes, exactly, and apologies if I implied otherwise.

> I think it's only more Chair-like interventions (summarise opinions
> and suggest a possible way forward) that will work in such cases.

The facilitators did post summaries.  I don't think that was
actually helpful, divorced as it was from some sort of actual
facilitation/moderation process.  It looked like a lot of work
for the facilitators (for which, btw, a belated "thank you") and
for that level of effort I think we'd hope for something that
moved the discussion forward a bit more actively.

Melinda