Re: IETF Mailing Lists and DMARC

In article <678C2FBA-A661-4556-A300-5C08562B5F8A@xxxxxx> you write:
>So if someone send a email with a bad signature to an IETF list from a domain that has a reject
>policy, and the IETF server forwards it to my email email provider, my email provider rejects it. Now
>the IETF email server counts that as a bounce. Too many bounces in a row and the IETF server
>unsubscribes me from the list.

This is a well known DMARC failure mode that has been discussed at
great length on this very list.  Please see the archives.

>What's the right advice on how the IETF server should be run?

This is a topic that has been discussed at great length on this very
list.  Please see the archives.  ALso look for ARC which is a DMARC
band-aid in development that's supposed to mitigate DMARC damage.

>If Jana sends the email directly to me, it works. This seems to point at the IETF server is doing
>something that breaks signature in Jana email.

This is a well known DMARC failure mode that has been discussed at
great length on this very list.  Please see the archives.

R's,
John