Re: Downloadable recordings of meeting sessions...

Ted,

Meetecho is uploading all recorded sessions to the IETF YouTube channel, usually within 24 hours of recording them. Then, when the Secretariat compiles the meeting proceedings, we insert a link to the video recordings. So if you go to a session page in the IETF 96 meeting proceedings, you should find a link to the YouTube video file in the Recordings section. For example, see https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/96/intarea.html.

In addition to uploading them to YouTube,  the IETF also receives a copy of all audio and video files directly from Meetecho and they are stored on an IETF server for safekeeping.

Regards,
Alexa

On Oct 24, 2016, at 10:30 AM, Ted Lemon <ted.lemon@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For IETF 96, the only recordings available are the meetecho recordings, which are basically a recording of the session in an HTML5 presentation that includes both video and audio alongside the jabber.   This is really neat, but definitely different than previous IETFs.
>
> I was able to make this work, so I don’t have an immediate problem with this.   However, the inability to download the video/audio and follow it offline could be a problem at times, and also I don’t know if the IETF actually has files that can serve as an archive in the event that MeetEcho should someday no longer be able to provide service.
>
> Has this been thought about/discussed?

Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
+1.510.492.4001
Email: amorris@xxxxxxxx