RE: [Pce] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware-12.txt> (Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) to compute service aware Label Switched Path (LSP).) to Proposed Standard

Nice job and very fast!

I am happy with all the changes, but one caution...

> > 4.2.3.1 should not define legacy behavior. A legacy node will not see this
> > spec and cannot be influenced by what you write. So...
> >
> > OLD
> >    If a PCE receives a PCReq message containing a BU object, and the PCE
> >    does not understand or support the BU object, and the P bit is clear
> >    in the BU object header then the PCE SHOULD simply ignore the BU
> >    object.
> >
> >    If the PCE does not understand the BU object, and the P bit is set in
> >    the BU object header, then the PCE MUST send a PCErr message
> >    containing a PCEP-ERROR Object with Error-Type = 3 (Unknown object)
> >    and Error-value = 1 (Unrecognized object class) as per [RFC5440].
> > NEW
> >    The behavior of a PCE that does not understand an object that it
> >    receives on PCReq message is defined in [RFC5440] and depends on the
> >    setting of the P bit in the object header (P bit clear means ignore
> >    the object, P but set means return an "Unknown object" error).
> > END
> >
> [Dhruv] I have updated it as -
>      If the BU object is unknown/unsupported, the PCE MUST follow
>      procedures defined in [RFC5440]. That is, if the P bit is set, the
>      PCE sends a PCErr message with error type 3 or 4 (Unknown / Not
>      supported object) and error value 1 or 2 (unknown / unsupported
>      object class / object type), and the related path computation
>      request MUST be discarded.  If the P bit is cleared, the PCE is
>      free to ignore the object.

You still have normative language in this document to describe how an
implementation that has not read this document is required to behave.  I don't
think that can work.

I suggest s/MUST/will/.

Cheers,
Adrian