Re: DMARC and ietf.org

On 7/20/2016 7:34 PM, Michael Richardson wrote:

Dave Crocker <dhc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > There is an effort (ARC) to develop a capability that might let
    > DMARC-related
    > messages survive transit of a mailing list, but that effort is still
    > nascent.

It's been two years of "please wait" (or is it three?)

Indeed. And it will be longer before a work-around is both developed and deployed. You're welcome. No, really, it was a pleasure contributing to the effort...

I think that it is time to reject email coming into mailing lists that
has p=reject policy, and not forward it, as that is the policy of the mail
system.

Go ahead. I'm sure the relevant users will not pursue any remedies at losing connectivity, such as moving to a different list provider.

Which is to say, that I and almost all others are /very/ unhappy with this 'side effect' problem caused by DMARC, but that real-world pragmatics are making it unrealistic to take simple, purity-based actions in response.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking