Re: Value and respect [Re: IETF 100, IAOC perspective]

Sorry I was unclear.

BCP 54 and mails to the list and forms of disrespect can of course be read in different ways. Part of why we are reviewing the situation again next week.

My explanation of the two categories of discussion (the OK and the not OK) was intended as an explanation of policy, not as criticism.

> 1: Don't annoy others unnecessarily; and
> 2: Don't be too easily annoyed.

Good advice.

I do want to add that it isn’t really sergeant-of-arm’s or IETF chair’s role to be disturbed or annoyed by emails on the list. Our job is to watch for possibly inappropriate postings on the list, mainly for the sake of other participants or the progress of the discussion. Opinions on what constitutes a problem may of course differ.

Jari