Re: [Recentattendees] IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input

Hello Melinda,

> On 21. 5. 2016, at 20:29, Melinda Shore <melinda.shore@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 5/21/16 10:14 AM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
>> What about announcing venues and cancelling because whatever
>> circumstances?
>
> Please don't do the slippery slope thing.  Seriously.
> This is about a specific circumstance.
>
> Also, understand that you're asking that GLBT people accept
> different conditions for participating in an IETF meeting.  I
> strongly agree that our top priority is, and has to remain,
> getting work done.  But, for better or for worse, a lot of
> participants bring their family members, and there are some
> basic questions here about equal and unequal treatment, aside
> from the potential safety issues.

so do we need a discussion about ability of getting visa for specific nations before each meeting to be held in USA?

We as community need to weigh all conditions for the meeting, but I agree with Jordi statement - the meeting is for making the work done.

And I'd like to see focus of the community shifted from "hey this country has rules for XXXX and this is not acceptable for community YYYY" to making a virtual presence more productive.

Please do not forget for those of us who simply can't afford to travel worldwide three times for year.

Michal