Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-tls-chacha20-poly1305-04 - resend

Thanks for your review, Roni!

I do agree with Sean’s explanation though.

There’s no requirement to make documents informational, even if the IANA rules don’t require something beyond informational. The decision to use informal or standards track depends on what the document is needed. And yes, usage of a major algorithm (not the national ones) in a protocol in my opinion is an OK and established use of the standards track.

Jari