Re: Interim step on meetings site feedback for sites currently under active consideration

On 4/19/16 10:03 AM, nalini.elkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
But, that is only what I know via personal information.  I don't know
how to do this automatically.   I suspect that these newcomers are not
likely to get funding to participate in Berlin.  But, we can get them to
be active on email lists (as a start).

Either we are doing a terrible, terrible job making it
clear that you do not need to attend a meeting in person
to make meaningful contributions to the IETF's work, or
we're doing a fine job and for most part those who want
to be active participants already are and those who aren't
aren't interested.  I tend to think it's the former but that's
just a guess.

At any rate, inability to travel to Berlin should not in
any way be seen as a barrier to participation.

Melinda