Re: "We did not know" is not a good excuse

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 10:38 AM, Melinda Shore <melinda.shore@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 4/6/16 6:19 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:
>>
>> Anything less specific leaves too much to interpretation, which
>> guarantees that similar errors will recur.
>

> The situation in Singapore goes well beyond being vaguely
> homophobic, to actively criminalizing the families of some
> IETF participants.  This is not simply a matter of same-sex
> marriage not being legal there, or of the country lacking
> anti-discrimination laws.

I would like to ask for validation and citation of what you are
saying above. I live in Singapore and yes, we do have the archaic
rules on our books (Section 377A of the Penal Code -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_377A_of_the_Penal_Code_%28Singapore%29)
This is a rule we inherited from our British colonial days.

I don't agree with that section, but it is there.

There are ongoing debates on withdrawing Section 377A and it
will happen eventually. It is a matter of time.

If there is any "active criminalizing" then how would this annual
event called pinkdot.sg (http://pinkdot.sg/) happen? The next
pinkdot.sg is on 4th June 2016. But, as it has been
in Singapore so far, open and honest dialogue is used to get to
a favourable resolution. It is still work in progress though.

So, let's keep discussions based on facts please.

Harish