Re: FW: I-D Action: draft-leiba-cotton-iana-5226bis-12.txt

> Thanks for resurrecting this document. It's been a while and IIRC the document
> was somewhere in the IESG process post IETF last call. You seem to have made
> some pretty substantial changes: I wonder if you could post a summary.

That'd be really difficult at this point, though one way you can
discern what I've done is to look at the old IESG ballot.  I addressed
pretty much all the comments there, save a few that I disagreed with.
And there is, of course, the diff tool, which should mostly help.

> wonder whether the Shepherding AD could let us know whether this will come back
> for a further IETF last call (I can relax and read it later) or plans to go for
> approval with only IESG sign-off (I need to read it urgently and scream if there
> are issues).

I've also asked Terry, who is now the sponsoring AD, to decide whether
a new IETF last call is needed.  It will certainly need a fresh IESG
ballot and a new telechat appearance at the least.  Whether the
changes are substantive enough to need a new last call is something
that I, myself, am of two minds on.

> FWIW, I noticed that section 1.2 now has some text in double square brackets
> that seeks to (temporarily?) describe what material should go on the first
> version of https://iana.org/help/protocol-registration. Can I suggest that you
> make the RFC-to-be stable and future-proof by converting this to a description
> of a minimal subset of information that should be on the web page in the first
> and all subsequent versions (i.e., information that should be on the page,
> period) and then you can remove the brackets.

Indeed; that is the intent.  I wanted to get the text out for review
and further processing while I work with Michelle on getting the
initial page populated and posted.

Barry