Re: Academics Hub?

Russ,

To my knowledge, there are only the Boston and Bangalore ones.
I think that these regional lists have to be organized from the bottom-up, with
a couple people at least who are interested in facilitating in-person socialization
and discussing/growing towards remote-hubs when desired.

The webpage that describes the form for requesting a non-WG mailing list is at:
http://www.ietf.org/list/nonwg.html

A Raleigh area one sounds quite plausible, if there is interest and some energy.

Regards,
Alia

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 7:45 PM, Russ White <7riw77@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> People are starting to form email lists for the regional groups.  So, maybe you
> want to start one as well.
>
> https://www.ietf.org/list/nonwg.html
>
> Alia has been approving the regional ones.  I am copying her to get her
> opinion on the affinity groups.

Is there one already in place for the Raleigh area? If not, it might be good to start one... I'm certain I could help out, and find a few other folks to help out as well.

:-)

Russ