Re: Observations on (non-technical) changes affecting IETF operations

>> I think the IETF could (and should) make substantial contributions
>> in this area.  But if we're going to do so, we need to dive in now.
>
> Can you be more specific? (Bearing in mind that we're not the Internet
> police and nor are we the "crap small device" police;-)

make it really easy for widget makers to make reasonably secured
widgets by designing protocols and supporting crypto which is easy to
implement and deploy [0].  then, as the social and legal pressures
build, they have a path and no excuse.

randy

--

[0] oh, and end world hunger too