Ray Tomlinson

Sorry to have to share the news that Ray Tomlinson died yesterday.  I knew him when we worked at BBN in the 1980s.  He was inducted into the Internet Hall of Fame in 2012.

Nice article on Ray at

http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/2/2991486/ray-tomlinson-email-inventor-interview-i-see-email-being-used

His wikipedia page:   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Tomlinson

He is credited for inventing email that we used today, but his work was much broader.

Very sad, he will be missed.

Bob