Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-netmod-yang-json-08.txt> (JSON Encoding of Data Modeled with YANG) to Proposed Standard

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 12:42:03PM +0000, tom p. wrote:
> In the interests of clarity
>
> - datastores are not mentioned.  These loom large in YANG and NETCONF
> and, I think, have been misunderstood by those wishing to extend YANG in
> various, new directions.  Therefore I think that the I-D should say
> something, even if it is that the concept of datastore is alien to the
> envisaged uses of JSON (I could envisage a use where datastores do
> apply, but it is probably an unrealistic use:-)

I do not see why an encoding document should talk about datastores.
Is there anything unclear how YANG defined data is encoded in JSON? If
not, then this document does its job.

> -YANG 1.0 ditto.  I realise that this I-D normatively references YANG
> 1.1 but there is a lot of YANG 1.0 about.  My sense is that this I-D
> cannot work with YANG 1.0, in which case, I think that that needs
> stating.

The JSON encoding works just fine with YANG 1.0. Perhaps this can be
stated explicitly with an informative reference to RFC 6020 if that
helps to avoid confusion.

/js