Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey-07.txt>

> On Feb 15, 2016, at 2:29 PM, John Levine <johnl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> There are perfectly reasonable ways to do DANE-secured lookups of
> mailbox keys.  A simple one would be a per-domain SRV or URI record
> that points at an RFC 4387 key server, with its certs secured by TLSA.
> It's just as secure, just as DANE-ful, and has none of the semantics
> and scaling problems of trying to shove mailbox keys into the DNS.
> Its realistic security is better, since the mailbox names don't get
> relayed through DNS caches of unknown snoopiness.

Sadly Keith Moore's addrquery draft seems to have stalled:

   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moore-email-addrquery-01

I agree that was a promising direction...  Yes I quibbled over
the details, but certainly not with the intention of blocking it,
rather I wanted it to be more realistically deployable...

--
	Viktor.