Re: New Non-WG Mailing List: Ietf-and-github -- Discussion of using GitHub in IETF activities, particularly for Working Groups

Carsten Bormann <cabo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> The bigger problem is the value-add in the form of proprietary web-based
> workflows that github adds to the mix, such as the issue lists with the
> discussions, the information around pull requests, the CI integration
> etc.  We need to have backup strategies for
> -- the relevant data themselves (data export),

Regarding this I recently found out about
https://github.com/joeyh/github-backup

> -- the skills that the IETF people have acquired employing those workflows.
>
> Ultimately, the latter is probably the bigger problem.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot@xxxxxxxx>  http://dotat.at/
Southeast Iceland: Southwesterly becoming cyclonic, 5 or 6, increasing 7 to