Re: New Non-WG Mailing List: Ietf-and-github -- Discussion of using GitHub in IETF activities, particularly for Working Groups

Strongly agree with Joel.  If this is something individual
document authors and editors people want to use, great.   OTOH,
were it to evolve into a requirement, doing so would reduce the
range of people who could reasonably volunteer to act as
document authors and that would be a step in the wrong direction.

FWIW, I'm actually concerned about the trends toward making
xml2rfc a requirement rather a useful optional tool.  Again,
individual ways of working differ and, at least for I-Ds, I'd
prefer to maximize author efficiency rather than trying to force
everyone into the same mold.

best,
    john

--On Tuesday, January 26, 2016 18:56 -0500 "Joel M. Halpern"