Re: On IETF policy for protocol registries

On 2016-01-18 23:07, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
1) It is quite possible that following current registration practices,
someone else might apply for mmm and the registration would be
granted. And then my only recourse might be a lawsuit.

How does "First-Come-First-Serve" make that better? Doesn't it even make it worse?

2) I may not be able to provide the specification, either because the
protocol is experimental or proprietary.

"Experimental", as far as I understand, isn't a problem per se.

Best regards, Julian