Re: Response to Jari's blog

On 31/12/2015 09:26, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> So we have bugs related to IPv6, we have a group of authors and the documents still are not going anywhere because a lack of interest.

Interest is usually generated by unhappy users, and there isn't quite enough of
the world depending on IPv6 yet to create the necessary unhappiness. I'm not
pessimistic though: we just have to be patient, and eventually the pointy-haired
bosses will start to insist on fixing IPv6 bugs.

And it isn't just the IETF. Just to take a random example that bit me recently,
why doesn't the Python socket module define IPPROTO_IPV6? A tiny thing that is
easy to work around, but I gather it's been like that for years.

   Brian