RE: Hotel situation

> We already have a list of hotels which will.
We do?  This is news to me.   If you mean "hotels that have in the past," I don't think that's any guarantee.

> The closest overflow hotel
> is nearly a mile from the Hilton - how's that going to work
> out for people with limited mobility?

This is an excellent point, and reinforces my belief that you'd be a good IAOC candidate.   I think there's a case to be made that if someone needs special accommodations, there should be a way for them to demonstrate that this is the case and get early access to the conference hotel room block.

> I'm very happy having a
> walk each morning and evening but I'll tell you that it can be
> a huge PITA for breakfast meetings for people not staying
> at the headquarter hotel.

I agree in principle, but it's not clear to me that there's anything that can be done about it.   We do need to trust the folks on the IAOC to take this stuff into account.   When I was an AD I spent a certain amount of energy second-guessing their decisions, but ultimately each decision made sense when I understood the factors that were considered.  Well, except maybe Hawaii, but you can't win them all--I think the pull of history was too much to resist.

> Getting work done should be one
> of the primary considerations, here.

Good point.   Let's get back to work!