RE: For Review: IESG Statement on Guidance on Face-to-Face and Virtual Interim Meetings

Hi Jari,

I oscillated between 'should' and 'must' myself. The principal reason I ended with a 'must' was that agreeing on exceptions can be perceived as excluding people from the process. In the real world some of us live justifying funds for 1-2 days interim of one WG is more difficult than getting a full IETF week approved. Remote participation is the only option. The 'must' requirement also seems pretty ubiquitous nowadays - it translates into 'the host of a f2f interim must ensure that a microphone and external phone connection exists in the room and the chairs must activate Meetecho or Webex'.

Regards,

Dan