fetching IETF/IRTF material programmatically

Hello,

I have written a little IETF material scraping tool that I thought could be useful for other people, too.

Here is the description:

I sometimes have the need to grab the recent available material (slides, drafts etc.) for an IETF WG or IRTF RG for later offline work, e.g., when jumping on a plane, train etc.

I hacked a simple shell script that would do that for me: get-ietf-material

# Usage: get-ietf-material <meetingnr> <groupname>

# Example: get-ietf-material 94 icnrg

It tries to fetch slides, agendae, minutes, charter, drafts and stores everything under <meetingnr>/<groupname>.

Fair warning: There is no meaningful error processing.

It’s based on wget and uses time stamping to avoid fetching things multiple times, so could be run periodically.

Available here:

https://github.com/dku/ietf-tools

It’s possible that there are better tools available – please let me know if you aware of anything.

Cheers,

Dirk

--

Dr. Dirk Kutscher | NEC Laboratories Europe, Chief Researcher

http://dirk-kutscher.info/

phone: +49 6221 4342 203 | fax: +49 6221 4342 155 | lab webpage: www.neclab.eu

NEC Europe Ltd | Registered Office: Athene, Odyssey Business Park, West End  Road, London, HA4 6QE, GB | Registered in England 2832014