Re: Last Call: Moving RFC 795 (Service Mappings) to Historic

Hi John,
     Since I started the last call on this, I will take a crack at
answering your question.

On 11/10/15 12:51 PM, John C Klensin wrote:
> So, this document obviously became irrelevant years ago.  So did
> a large variety of other early, "Unknown" status RFCs such as
> 423, 425, 426, 798, 799, probably 803, etc.  Would the IESG care
> to explain to the community why this one is worth the trouble
> and resources to reclassify and the others are not?   Such an
> explanation would be particularly helpful in the light of recent
> discussions about reducing AD workload because this sort of
> housekeeping work is almost certainly not a way to do that.

I had an IETF participant contact me and ask how he could help move 795
to Historic. He provided the material described in the status change
document to support this move.  The amount of work I had to do as an AD
was minimized by someone taking the initiative to compile the material.

If someone wants to see other document status changes, I think this is a
good template.

Regards,
Brian